The main responsibility of the Interaction Designer is delivering the conceptual and interaction designs for our clients. The designer works as part of a multi-disciplinary team to translate client business objectives, user requirements and technology enablers into design requirements, conceptual models, navigation and detailed user interface recommendations. These will serve as a foundation for design of the overall user experience. The designer will guide and coach peer (junior) UX consultants and lead them by example. In addition, he or she will be involved in sales activities.
For the expansion of our design team we are currently looking for an Interaction Designer with a strong background in and passion for User Experience design.
- Analyze and understand the business objectives of clients, and the implicit and explicit needs for User Experience services to support these objectives;
- Design and deliver high-quality IxD deliverables such as screenflows/sitemaps, wireframes, clickable prototypes and functional descriptions for clients and on projects;
- Lead, monitor and guide the design process in such a way that business-, user and project objectives are being met;
- Organize and lead workshops and reviews with stakeholders and project members;
- Communicate progress and deliverables timely to project leader, stakeholders and project members;
- Interpret user requirements, business requirements and technical enablers and constraints and translate these into functional specifications and User Experience solutions;
- Effectively communicate the design intentions from concept through to implementation with design consultants, technology team, project manager and client;
- Develop user scenarios and conduct task modeling;
- Design site maps, screen flows, wireframes and interactions;
- Apply W3C guidelines to internet, extranet and intranet sites;
- Awareness of the latest tools, techniques and proceedings in the field of User Experience and use and implement them where appropriate;
- Generate sales leads and contribute to the sales process by writing and reviewing proposals;
- Be passionate about the field of User Experience and express that by participating in the User Experience community.
Education and experience
- Masters/Bachelors degree in relevant design area like interactive design, cognitive psychology, industrial design, information design or related discipline;
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working as a interaction designer, information architect, user interface designer or related role;
- Hands-on experience with a variety of industries and types and sizes of projects.
- Strong UI design, information design and problem-solving skills;
- Strong consultancy/client-facing skills;
- Hands-on web development experience;
- Proficiency in the use of Interaction design tools (such as Axure, OmniGraffle, MS Visio, etc.);
- Preferably Dutch speaking.
- Passionate about User Experience Design;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Strong empathic abilities;
- Realistic and pragmatic;
- Extreme attention for quality;
- Team player, pleasant and fun to work with;
- Proven excellent communication, collaboration and negotiating skills;
- Evident written and verbal communications skills.
Contact Mark Kassteen, Design Director
+31 (0)6 - 14 68 88 38
kassteenuserintelligence [dot] com